Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Great Macaroon Fiasco

(Pretty picture of ugly macaroons.)

When I first started this blog I said that I would share the good, the bad and the ugly of my crafting and cooking endeavors. Thankfully, everything I have shared thus far falls under the good category (at least I hope you think so, too!). But now I have something that if not bad, I'd definitely say is ugly!

Recently a friend and I attempted to make macaroons for the first time. I'd heard they were hard to make but I kept seeing them everywhere (magazines, food blogs, more food blogs) and I was dying to try making them. And we had a whole day that could be devoted to a wild and crazy kitchen experiment. It was the perfect opportunity! Well, let's just say the experiment was fraught with dangers and crises and not go into too much detail, shall we? The end product actually tasted fine, but they certainly aren't going to win any beauty pageants. At the end of the day I said I was swearing off macaroons, they were out of my system. Done. Over. Finite. But today I came across some more pretty pictures of them online . . . uh oh, I may be in trouble. :)

No comments: