Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Botanicuts Succulent: Healing Wishes

An old friend of mine is unfortunately going through some tough times health wise so I made a get well card to hopefully brighten his day a bit. I chose to use my new BotaniCuts Succulent dies from The Greetery. I thought succulents would be more masculine than flowers.

I die cut both a large and small succulent and used blending brushes to ink them in. I started by lightly inking just the outside edges in Seedless Preserves distress oxide ink. The larger of the two succulents also uses Citrine in the lighter areas and Leafy for the darker green. Both those inks are from The Stamp Market. The smaller succulent is almost identical, except instead of Citrine I used PTI's Limeade Ice for my lighter green shade.

The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's set Keep it Simple: Surgery, was stamped in black and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The succulents are framed inside a Geometrix: Hexagon die cut and everything was mounted to a panel of Soft Stone card stock die cut with the largest Crimped Frame die.

This was my first time using the BotaniCuts Succulent dies, so before I started this card I went back and re-watched some of Betsy Veldman's videos explaining how she colored the die cuts. She has videos for both ink blending and watercoloring. While I was watching, both of my boys snuggled up next to me and watched with me, and then they wanted to make their own succulents! So of course I die cut a few extra for them, got out their art supplies, and watched them create absolutely beautiful succulents of their own. Proud mama!



Thanks for reading!


SUPPLIES:
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone (PTI)
Ink: Citrine, Leafy (The Stamp Market), Seedless Preserves (Distress Oxide), Limeade Ice (PTI), Versa Fine Onyx Black
Dies: BotaniCuts Succulents, Crimped Frame (The Greetery), Geometrix: Hexagon (Ink to Paper)
Other: clear embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very nice masculine card and super work by the boys!