Tuesday, October 6, 2020

First Day of School Crayon Box Cards

 
These are the back to school cards I made for my two boys this year. My oldest son went back to school the first week of September, but my youngest just started today! 

This card is for my oldest son, who is now in 2nd grade. I used Honey Bee Stamp's awesome Small Crayon Box Card die to make this! SO fun! The die has everything you need to cut both the crayon box, and the individual crayons that fit inside. The red label for the crayon box is a die from Honey Bee Stamp's Brilliant Day die collection. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's School Days set, is embossed in white. 

I cut the crayons from a rainbow of colors and stamped each crayon with a fun school related sentiment. I pulled out nearly all of my school themed sets to find enough different phrases! I used Teacher Tickets, School Days, and School Time Additions (retired), all from Papertrey Ink. To give the crayon tips and ends some definition from their labels (since they were cut from the same colored card stock) I actually went over them with my Zig Clean Color markers in closely matching colors to darken them. I think it really helped them pop. I also hand drew the black lines on the labels to resemble Crayola labels. 

And here is the card I made for my youngest son, who just started Pre-K today! This time I stamped the sentiment in green ink directly on the crayon yellow box for a more vintage look. 

The labels are very similar, but of course I used "Preschool" instead of "2nd Grade". Both boys loved their cards and thought they were very cool! Wishing them both a wonderful school year!


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Teacher Tickets, School Days, School Time Additions (PTI)

Paper: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Real Red (SU!), all other colors generic

Ink: Garden Green (SU!), Versa Mark, Versa Fine Onyx Black

Dies: Small Crayon Box Card, Brilliant Day (Honey Bee Stamps)

Other: white embossing powder, Zig Clean Color markers

1 comment:

Liz said...

These are so cute! I love how the crayons come out to reveal the sentiments. Happy first day of school!