Monday, May 2, 2022

Just bee-cause

 
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! If you are an educator, thank you SO much for the many things you do! I made this to give to one of my son's classroom teachers this week. I've had the idea to make some fun themed packaging for this Burt's Bees Honey lip balm for quite a while, but as I was putting it together I just kept pulling things out and ended up using quite a few different products!

A while back I purchased the Lip Balm Pouches from MFT, along with the coordinating Lip Balm Window & Frame die namic. Knowing the size of the lip balm pouch, I created my card around that. I thought it would be fun to use a hexagon shape to tie in with honeycombs, so I used the Hexagon Solid Stack dies from Honey Bee Stamps. It is actually a top folding note card, I just placed the top cutting edge of the larger hexagon die over the score line while die cutting. 

The bee is from Altenew's Mini Delight: Bee Kind set. The sentiment was actually created from three different stamp sets from three different companies! "For you" is from MFT's Itty Bitty Gifting set. "Teacher" is from Sunny Studio's Teacher Appreciation set and "just bee-cause" is from Hero Art's Bee and Flowers Wreath set, selectively inking just the portion I wanted to use. The little hexagons in the background are also from Hero Art, from their Beelieve set. I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I used Papertrey Ink's Zipper Border die so that the recipient can get into the lip balm without tearing the whole card apart. 

This was super fun to put together and I hope my son's teacher likes it!


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Mini Delight: Bee Kind (Altenew), Beelieve, Bee and Flowers Wreath (Hero Arts), Teacher Appreciation (Sunny Studios), Itty Bitty Gifting (MFT)

Dies: Hexagon Solid Stack (Honey Bee Stamps), Mini Delight: Bee Kind (Altenew), Lip Balm Window & Frame die namic (MFT), Zipper Border die (PTI)

Paper: Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise (PTI)

Ink: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise (PTI), VersaFine Onyx Black

Other: Lip Balm Pouch (MFT) 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is just adorable! The teacher will absolutely love it!