Tuesday, January 25, 2011

French Flair

I hadn't quite gotten over my black and yellow color scheme from last week so here is another card sporting that combo. I even used the same yellow floral pattern paper. :)

The stamps are from a lovely set called Paris by Cavallini. The images have a delightfully vintagey vibe about them. The Eiffel Tower image was stamped in Basic Black and the word "Paris" in the background was stamped in Crumb Cake (the color formerly known as Kraft). hehe

I also tried out a new toy. I received the Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo by Papertrey Ink for Christmas and gave it a spin on this card. The Duo is basically two small ink cubes, one light and one a bit darker, that are used to antique the edges of the paper. Nicole Heady gives a good tutorial on her blog. I used the lighter of the two cubes to antique the edges of the pattern paper and also the edges of the focal image.

I stamped a French postmark on the bottom inside corner, just for fun. The bottom of the pattern paper was scalloped to mimic the black scallops that frame the oval and I added black brads to the top corners. A little black satin ribbon (and of course a button!) finish it off.



SUPPLIES
Stamps: Paris (Cavallini)
Paper: Vintage Cream by PTI, Basic Black, Parisian Summer dp by SU!

Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake by SU!, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo by PTI

Accessories: large oval and large scalloped oval Nestabilities, corner rounder punch (guide removed), black satin ribbon, button, thread, black brads

No comments: