Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Happy Birthday Princess

We recently attended my niece's 3rd birthday party, and her theme was princesses! I was thrilled because, having two boys, I don't often get to make a princess card. I used Papertrey Ink's set Little Princess, which is on sale right now for a steal! I stamped the castle in Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink and embossed the details in gold. The castle die cut is popped up with foam tape and mounted to an Essentials: Braided Oval die from Pink Fresh Studio. I really love the detailing of that die!

Behind the castle I blended Rusty Hinge and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink, going deeper with the Rusty Hinge nearer the castle.

The oval die is also popped up with foam tape on a panel of Pink Pirouette card stock cut from one of the dies in the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical die collection. I wanted to add some subtle pattern to that layer, so I also blended Spun Sugar ink over the Stencil Basics: Dots to add some interest.

I'm not a big fan of my own handwriting, so to address the envelope I stamped my nieces's name in Versa Mark ink using the Penned Elegance Alphabet set and embossed it in gold. I love that it matches her card!

Here are the card and envelope together.

This last photo does a better job of showing all of the gold embossing details. This was so fun to make!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Little Princess, Penned Elegance Alphabet (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Pink Pirouette (SU!)
Ink: Spun Sugar, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge (Distress Oxide), Versa Fine Onyx Black, Versa Mark
Dies: Little Princess, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical (PTI), Essentials: Braided Oval (Pink Fresh Studio)
Other: Stencil Bascis: Dots (PTI), Rainbow Garden Assortment Envelopes (MFT), gold embossing powder, foam tape

No comments: