Friday, July 10, 2020

Let's Party!

Today I have another Pinwheel Party birthday card to share. The card's recipient loves bright summery colors, so I tried to pick ink colors that reflected that. I used Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide inks.

Like the cards in my previous post, I stenciled on a saturated layer of ink at first, and then used a very light touch for the second layer for a two tone look. I added sequins to the centers of some of the pinwheels for more sparkle.

The sentiment, from the coordinating stamp set, was stamped in black ink and then embossing with clear embossing powder to give it some shine. Finally, I filled in some of the blank areas with the little stars from the set stamped in matching colors. Easy and fun!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Pinwheel Party (The Greetery)
Ink: Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon (Distress Oxide)
Paper: Stamper's Select White
Other: Pinwheel Party Stencils (The Greetery), sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), clear embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The recipient will love the card. So cute!