Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Patriotic Pinwheels

Last week I had a chance to play with my new Pinwheel Party products from The Greetery so I took the opportunity to make a 4th of July card!

I used the stencils to create the pinwheels and it was so easy! I was giddy as I finished each layer and saw it all come together. I used Pure Poppy and Blueprint Sketch ink, stenciling on a heavy layer of ink at first and a lighter application for the next layers. I embellished the centers of some of the pinwheels with Silver Lining Nuvo Crystal Drops.

The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set called Land That I Love. The stars are also from that set. I stamped the sentiment in Onyx Black ink and then used clear embossing powder to give it some shine. I am in love with how this turned out!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Land That I Love (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Blueprint Sketch (Distress Oxide), Versa Fine Onyx Black
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Other: Pinwheel Party Stencil (The Greetery), clear embossing powder, Nuvo Crystal Drops Silver Lining


My brother-in-law's birthday is on July 5th, so while I had all of the supplies out I also made him a birthday card. I hope he doesn't mind the patriotic colors!

The sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set called Pinwheel Party. I again stamped it in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.

The confetti embellishments are from an older PTI set called Good Times that I believe is retired.

These pinwheels are SO fun and unique! I can't wait to play some more and explore more possibilities with these!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Pinwheel Party (The Greetery), Good Times (PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Blueprint Sketch (Distress Oxide), Versa Fine Onyx Black
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Other: Pinwheel Party Stencil (The Greetery), clear embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

These cards are so much fun and everything about them is just perfect! I haven't had the chance to play with my Pinwheel Party supplies yet but can't wait. You inspire me!