Thursday, February 4, 2021

More Birthday Blooms

Today I have two more cards I made using The Greetery's Birthday Blooms stamps and dies. In this first one I played around with a purple theme. I actually started by ink blending Shaded Lilac distress oxide ink onto a white card stock panel, then decided to die cut it with the Essentials: Braided Ovals dies from Pink Fresh Studio. That gave me a fun frame for the rest of my pieces. 

After die cutting a pile of the Birthday Bloom flowers, I stamped them in a variety of purples. The darker blooms are a combination of Lilac Grace and Royal Velvet, and the lighter blooms are a combination of Lavender Lace and Wilted Violet. The "happy" die cut is stamped in Royal Velvet ink. 

I placed my sentiment in the middle of the oval and then framed it with my stamped blooms, alternating light and dark. I added just a few clear sequins and also stamped a few flowers in the corners of my white card base. 

For the last card I went with pink! The background was created by blending Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry distress oxides onto a white card stock panel. I also splattered water and Picked Raspberry inks for more interest. I die cut the background panel with the Nordic Frames die and then added the rest of my pieces. 

The blooms were stamped in a combination of Pink Pirouette and Fuschia, and Pink Pirouette and Orchid inks. 

I die cut the word "Birthday" and stamped it in black ink and added it to the center of the focal panel. "Happy" is stamped directly onto the pink panel. This was a fun set to play with, thanks for reading!


SUPPLIES:

Purple Birthday Card
Stamps: Birthday Blooms (The Greetery)

Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Lilac Grace, Royal Velvet, Green Parakeet, New Leaf (PTI), Lavender Lace, Garden Green) (SU!), Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac (Distress Oxide)

Dies: Birthday Blooms (The Greetery), Essentials: Braided Ovals (Pink Fresh Studio)

Other: sequins


Pink Birthday Card
Stamps: Birthday Blooms (The Greetery)

Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green (SU!), Fuschia, Orchid (The Stamp Market), Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry (Distress Oxide), Green Parakeet, New Leaf (PTI), Versa Fine Onyx Black

Dies: Birthday Blooms, Nordic Frames (The Greetery)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The oval die is sure pretty and you are making excellent use of it. Both cards are lovely!