Saturday, April 24, 2021

Up, up and away!

My youngest son turned 5 a few weeks ago (a whole hand!) and we celebrated with an airplane themed birthday party. I made this airplane shaker card for him using a retired Papertrey Ink set called Little Hot Rod. 

I started by stenciling a white card stock panel with the Cloud Stencil from My Favorite Things using a blending brush and Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink. I also die cut and stamped the little airplane in Real Red ink because my son's favorite color is red. 

The sentiment is stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I used my Stamparatus to get it positioned exactly where I wanted it on the cloud panel. 

To create the shaker clouds I used a retired die-namic from My Favorite Things called Cute Cloud Outlines. It has three sizes of clouds, and I used them all. I cut one of each size out of the cloud panel, and then I cut them again from double sided adhesive foam sheets, which were adhered underneath to create the shaker walls. 

I filled each cloud with a mix of blue and clear beads from JoAnn. The blue beads are a very good match for the Tumbled Glass ink! This was a fun one to make and my son was so excited to receive a shaker card of his very own! 



SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Little Hot Rod (PTI)

Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Tumbled Glass (Distress Oxide), Real Red (SU!), VersaFine Onyx Black

Dies: Little Hot Rod (PTI), Cute Cloud Outline die namic (MFT)

Other: Cloud Stencil (MFT), double sided foam adhesive, beads, clear acetate, Stamparatus (SU!)

No comments: