Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Egg-stra Special Easter

Up today is a sweet little Easter card. This is a case of a card where the background really dictated the rest of the design. What I mean by that is after making the Mother's Day cards in my last post, it occurred to me that creating another gingham background using both the pink AND the yellow inks would be really pretty. I tried it out and loved it! So using the Square Dance Stencils by The Greetery, I blended both Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide ink onto the first layer, creating a really pretty orange color. Then with the second layer I used only Spun Sugar, and with the third layer only Squeezed Lemonade. I had no real idea of what I was going to make ahead of time, but when I saw the cheery gingham pattern and cut it down with the Crimped Frame die, it just looked like it needed to become an Easter card. :) 

I looked through my Easter supplies and just started pulling things out and playing. First I embossed my little bunny (from a retired PTI set called Bunny Blessings) onto Kraft card stock and cut it out with the matching die. I also die cut a bunch of the flowers and leaves that are also in that set and inked them up using the same colors as on these cards. The colors I used were Pink Pirouette, Pale Peony, Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight and Vintage Jadeite. 

I used my Big Egg die to cut a white egg and used that as a place for my sentiment, which is from Hoppy Easter. And actually it helped determine the sentiment as well. I love the pun of an "Egg-stra special Easter"  being on an egg die cut! A little butterfly, also from Bunny Blessings, was added to the top of the egg. My entire main panel was popped up with a large piece of fun foam behind it and adhered to my white card base. This was a fun project and it went out to its new home in yesterday's mail. I hope it arrives in time! 


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Hoppy Easter (Honey Bee Stamps), Bunny Blessings (PTI)

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Kraft (PTI)

Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar (Distress Oxide), Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette (SU!), Pale Peony, Vintage Jadeite (PTI), Versa Mark

Dies: Big Egg, Bunny Blessings (PTI), Crimped Frame (The Greetery)

Stencil: Square Dance (The Greetery)

Other: white embossing powder

1 comment: