Thursday, March 11, 2021

Some Bunny Loves You

Easter is coming up quickly and as we'll have my niece and nephew with us this year I wanted to make small Easter baskets for each of them. Papertrey Ink's Berry Basket die was perfect for this! The blue basket was die cut from Spring Rain card stock and the pink basket was die cut from Sweet Blush card stock.

I made cute little tags to go on each basket by die cutting a Tag Sale #3 from Rustic White card stock. The background was stamped with the Nifty Plaid background in Spring Rain ink. The bunny, also cut from Spring Rain, is from Sugar Pea Designs Egg Cut Away Window die. I got the idea to add the carrot after seeing The Greetery's newest release with their Botanicuts Carrot die. I looked through my supplies and found a carrot from a retired Papertrey Ink set called Vegetable Garden. I was so happy that it was the perfect size to go with my bunny! I have to say it never occurred to me to use this carrot for an Easter card, so thank you to Betsy Veldman for that piece of inspiration!

I also included the little sentiment from another retired Papertrey set called Bunny Basket. It was so appropriate for this project! It is stamped on another Sugar Pea Designs die called Sentiment Strips. The bunny, carrot and sentiment are all popped up with foam tape.

I tied a bow of white satin ribbon onto the handle of the basket and then used thin jute button twine to tie the tag onto the bow. 

The basket die doesn't come with a handle so I made my own. I found the very old blog post where this die was introduced because I remembered that Nicole Heady had made a handle for her basket. I followed her instructions and it worked great. 

And here's the pink basket! It is done entirely the same way as the blue one, I just swapped out all the blue for pink. I did fill this basket with white paper shred while I used kraft shred for my nephew's basket. 

Pink bunny tag!

I'm really excited with how these turned out and can't wait to give them to my niece and nephew in a few weeks. I'll fill them with some fun goodies like bubbles and chalk and a *little* candy. :) 

Thanks for reading!


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Bunny Basket, Vegetable Garden (PTI), Nifty Plaid (Ink to Paper)

Paper: Rustic White, Spring Rain, Sweet Blush, Kraft (PTI)

Ink: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie (SU!), Sweet Blush, Terracotta Tile (PTI), Mossy (The Stamp Market)VersaFine Onyx Black

Dies: Vegetable Garden, Berry Basket, Tag Sale #3 (PTI), Egg Cut Away Window, Sentiment Strips (Sugar Pea Designs)

Other: buttons, button twine, white satin ribbon, foam tape, white and kraft shred

1 comment:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Goodness, this is just so sweet & adorable!! I love it.