Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Love for a Lifetime

Hello! Today I am sharing a card I made for a friend's upcoming bridal shower. I haven't used my Botanical Bounty set in a long time so decided to pull that out and create a lovely floral card. 

Except for the little dies that are nested inside larger ones,  I've kept all of the dies wired together. I ran them through my die cutting machine out of Rustic White card stock and inked them all up so I would have lots of pieces to play with and arrange. This went fairly fast because I kept by color scheme simple. The flowers are all done in Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening. Most of the flowers have a second darker shade of blue sponged on with a finger dauber to add shading and dimension. The greenery was all done in Green Parakeet, Prairie Grass and Olive Twist. 

The tone on tone background was created by adding a Cover Plate: Ornate die cut over the card base.  Both are made from Rustic White card stock. Lastly, the greeting is from Graceful Greetings II. I die cut and stamped it in Enchanted Evening ink. I actually layered and glued three die cuts together for dimension and stability. I'm so pleased with how this turned out and hope my friend likes it!


SUPPLIES:


Paper: Rustic White (PTI)

Ink: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Green Parakeet, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist (PTI)


 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That is really pretty. It's fun to be reminded about older sets that haven't been used in a while. I need to dig these out and shake the dust off :-)

Carmela said...

This is lovely!! Caught my eye right away.