Saturday, November 28, 2020

Wishing You Joy & Peace

I was recently given Budding Beauties Winter for my birthday and I couldn't wait to see what those festive sprigs would look like paired with Pitcher-esque! I love the result! That cute little pitcher is finding its way into most of my cards lately, but I can't help it, I love it so much! 

As I have done previously, I actually only stamped two of the three layers that make up the pitcher. I used Soft Stone and Pumice stone for an ironstone look. 

The sentiment is from Sentiment Suite: Christmas and is stamped on a little banner die cut from Sentiment Suite Basics. It fit perfectly tucked up in the corner. 

I had a lot of fun playing around with the various greenery sprigs. The pine needles I stamped in Garden Green ink and then used a finger dauber to add Pine Feather ink near the base to give it more dimension. The stem is stamped in Ground Espresso and the berries are stamped in a combination of Real Red and Scarlet Jewel inks. 

The holly branch is stamped with Citrine and Pine Feather inks, while the berries were stamped in Candied Apple and Real Red. The mistletoe behind it was stamped in Citrine and Mossy inks, and the berries were stamped in Soft Stone and Pumice Stone inks. 

Let's talk about the background. I used a new to me set from Concord & 9th called Happy Plaids and it is amazing! So many possibilities! I started with a panel of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" inch Soft Stone and used Weathervane ink to stamp a plaid pattern using two of the stripe stamps in the set. I also used the double solid line stamp to emboss some gold into my pattern. When that was all done I die cut it using the largest of the Crimped Frame dies. Funny story about the background: This gray and gold plaid pattern was 100% inspired by my pajama pants! Ha! 

Thanks for reading, I hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend with your loved ones and find some time to craft! 
 

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Budding Beauties Winter, Pitcher-esque, Sentiment Suite: Christmas (The Greetery), Happy Plaids (Concord & 9th)

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone (PTI)

Ink: Soft Stone, Weathervane, Pinefeather, Scarlet Jewel (PTI), Citrine, Mossy (The Stamp Market), Pumice Stone, Candied Apple, Ground Espresso (Distress Oxide), Real Red, Garden Green (SU!), VersaMark

Dies: Budding Beauties Winter, Pitcher-esque, Sentiment Suite Basics, Crimped Frame (The Greetery)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have seen this card in real life and can tell you that it is stunning! And it really does look like her PJs :-)