Monday, January 11, 2021

Homemade Marshmallow Gifts

I have one last holiday project to share, homemade marshmallows! The idea had been rumbling in the back of my mind to try making homemade marshmallows this year so when King Arthur Flour posted a recipe on their blog around the same time it seemed like a sign! 

Surprisingly it wasn't that difficult to make the marshmallows and they tasted so much better than the store bought ones! The recipe also makes a ton of marshmallows. I had enough to fill these three pint jars and more than enough for my own family to enjoy as well. 

Of course I had to dress up the jars with some pretty packaging. With my pinking shears I cut some Christmas-y flannel I already had into circles for the lids. The tags were stamped with a sentiment from MFT's set Hug in a Mug and tied on with baker's twine. I also added little sparkly silver snowflakes I had leftover from other projects. 


These were delicious on their own and definitely a special addition to our hot cocoa. We even dipped them in chocolate fondue for a special New Year's Eve treat! Next time it would be fun to try some of the flavor variations King Arthur Flour suggests. Maple marshmallows anyone? :) 

1 comment: