Saturday, January 9, 2021

Painted Poinsettias Thank You Cards

I didn't have a chance to play with this poinsettia set when I was making my Christmas cards this year so I used it to make some thank you cards to send out afterwards instead.  

I used Painted Poinsettias by Papertrey Ink, which is currently 60% off in their Blow-Out Sale section. 

I started by stamping and die cutting a big pile of flowers and leaves so I would have plenty to play around with and make multiple cards. I ended up using one large and one small flower per card, tucking in leaves behind them to help frame out the corner.

I layered my flowers onto a white panel cut with the medium Nordic Frame die then stamped the sentiment in the lower corner. This sentiment is actually included in the set, so it worked perfectly! I added the largest Nordic Frame behind that, this time cut from red card stock, and adhered everything onto a white card base. 

For the second card I kept it lighter and used two white panels and embossed the sentiment in gold. I can't decide which one I like better. Which is your favorite?

I hope you are having a good weekend and finding time to play with any new crafting goodies you may have received for Christmas!

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Painted Poinsettias (PTI)

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy (PTI)

Ink: Poppy, Cranberry, Sprout, Parsley, Evergreen (Concord & 9th), Scarlet Jewel, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup (PTI), Versa Mark, Versa Fine Onyx Black

Dies: Painted Poinsettias (PTI), Nordic Frames (The Greetery)

Other: gold embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Both cards are beautiful and very striking!