Monday, January 25, 2021

Wishing You a Sweet Day

I'll be sharing lots of birthday cards in the coming weeks. Now through March there is a steady stream of birthdays among my family and friends! This card is destined for a crafty friend from my church and uses the Cupcake and Sprinkles die-namic. My last card used the Mini Cupcake Maker die-namic, and today's card uses the full size cupcake. Both sizes are super fun!

The cupcake is adhered to an Essentials: Braided Oval die cut from Lilac Grace card stock. I love how pretty and intricate that die cut is! The cupcake wrapper was cut from pattern paper and the frosting was die cut from white card stock. I went over the frosting with a Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer. The sprinkles are cut from Lilac Grace and gold card stock. 

I used the Twisted Crepe die to add a festive touch to the top of the card. I die cut the streamers from white card stock and, using a finger dauber, added Wilted Violet distress oxide ink. I alternated between full saturation and a very light tough to give it the variegated look. 

The background panel was created by splattering a white card stock panel with Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet distress oxide inks and then I cut it down with the largest Crimped Frame die. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, from Sugar Coated Sentiments, with Wilted Violet ink at the bottom. The entire main panel is popped up with foam tape onto a Lilac Grace card base. It's been fun playing and getting some cards made!

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Sugar-Coated Sentiments (MFT)

Paper: Lilac Grace, Stamper's Select White (PTI), Spots & Stripes Brights pattern paper (Sugar Pea Designs), gold

Ink: Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet (Distress Oxide)

Dies: Cupcake and Sprinkles die namic (MFT), Twisted Crepe, Crimped Frame (The Greetery), Essentials: Braided Ovals (Pink Fresh Studio)

Other: Wink of Stella

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm loving your sweet birthday cards. Can't wait to see more!!