Sunday, January 24, 2021

Cupcakes & Balloons Birthday Card

My niece turned 4 years old last week and this is the card I made for her. Only after I finished did I realize there is no stamping on this, only die cutting. That might be a first for me!

The background was created by blending Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry distress oxide inks onto a panel of white card stock, getting lighter toward the edges. I also splattered some water and more Picked Raspberry onto the panel for interest. I then die cut that panel with the Crimped Frame die from The Greetery. I used the super fun Pumped-Up Alphabet die-namic by My Favorite Things to cut my niece's name from gold card stock. I was trying to mimic the oversized gold mylar alphabet balloons that are so popular for birthdays and showers. It is so pretty in real life!

The cupcakes were die cut using the Mini Cupcake Maker die-namic. I used a variety of pink card stock and pink pattern paper for the wrappers. The frosting is all white, and then I used more gold card stock for the sprinkles. I like that there are four cupcakes, and it was her fourth birthday. It just worked out that way because of her name, but I like it! The entire main panel is popped up with foam tape onto a white card base. Happy birthday sweet girl!



SUPPLIES:

Card Stock: Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush (PTI), Brights & Stripes pattern paper (Sugar Pea Designs), gold

Ink: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry (Distress Oxide)

Dies: Mini Cupcake Maker die-namic, Pumped-Up Alphabet die-namic (MFT), Crimped Frame (The Greetery)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

A very sweet card! I bet she loved it!!