Thursday, May 6, 2021

Teacher Appreciate Gifts 2021

Hello! It is Teacher Appreciate Week and boy do we appreciate our teachers! After months of virtual learning I am SO glad my kids are back at school in person! I put together these small gifts for my kids' teachers as a small way of saying thank you for all they do. 

I spied these adorable mini sparkling juice cans at Trader Joe's this week and the wheels immediately started spinning on how I could dress them up for gift giving. They came in a few different flavors; I bought the strawberry and watermelon ones. I had some small white gift bags already that fit the cans perfectly. They just needed tags!

For the strawberry cans I pulled out a retired Papertrey Ink stamp set called Strawberry Patch. I used the cans themselves as very literal inspiration for the tags. I began by die cutting an Essential Tag from Sweet Blush card stock. Then I cut several of the strawberries and leaves out of white card stock and stamped them in Real Red and New Leaf inks. The "For You Teacher" sentiment is from another retired Papertrey Ink set called Enclosed: Apple. I was delighted to find this "so appreciated" sentiment from one of my The Stamp Market sets called Summer Stems! I also stamped a few curly vine images, also from Strawberry Patch, directly on the tag peeking out from the strawberries and leaves. I tied the tag using some matching green satin ribbon.

For the watermelon tags I also cut an Essential Tag, this time from white card stock. I used the Fruit Salad: Watermelon die set from Papertrey Ink for this tag. SO fun! I used Berry Sorbet, New Leaf and white card stock. I die cut the watermelon a second time from True Black card stock and inlaid the seeds. After the tag was assembled I also went back over the seeds with glossy accents for some realistic shine. The sentiments were stamped in New Leaf, Berry Sorbet and Onyx Black inks. I used matching Berry Sorbet Saddle Stitch Ribbon to tie them on. 

I am so happy with how these turned out and they were delivered to the teachers today. I hope they enjoy them and thank you to all of the teachers out there!


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Enclosed: Apple, Strawberry Patch (PTI), Summer Stems (The Stamp Market)


Ink: Berry Sorbet, New Leaf (PTI), Real Red (SU!), VersaFine Onyx Black


Other: Berry Sorbet Saddle Stitch Ribbon (PTI), Limeade Splash Satin Ribbon (Fun Stamper's Journey), glossy accents

No comments: