Sunday, May 16, 2021

AlphaBud Bold Floral Details Thank You Cards

After yesterday's card I had (and still have!) quite a few extra stamped AlphaBud Bold Floral Details pieces so I played around with more card designs. I wanted to see how they looked with the Written in Ribbons sentiments. I think they pair beautifully!

On both cards I used the "Thanks" sentiment from Written in Ribbons. You can never have too many thank you cards on hand. I stamped the "thanks" using Coral Reef and Passion Fruit inks, which are the pinks I used on the flowers. I decided to layer my design on a scalloped panel, so I used the Honey Bee Stamps Scallop A2 Card Frames Honey Cuts die

Before adhering any die cuts to the scalloped panel, I splattered it with some watered down gold acrylic paint to add some interest and shine to the background. I also stacked two scallop layers together for a bit of dimension. 

I also added a second die cut "Thanks" underneath, so that the sentiment stood out a bit from all of the mini flowers framing it. 

For my second design I used a different scalloped die. I also opted for a smaller format. I cut my card base from white card stock using the Papertrey Ink Noted: Scallop A1 die

This time I stamped the sentiment using Grassy Knoll and Olive inks. The "Thanks" die cut is also double stacked for dimension. I also added some piercing detail using Papertrey Ink's Nesting Basics: Pierced Ovals die.

I also added some of the little flowers to the envelope flap to coordinate. I love how these turned out and can't wait to make more!

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Written in Ribbons, AlphaBuds Bold Floral Details (The Greetery)

Paper: Accent Opaque White

Ink: Coral Reef, Passion Fruit, Berrylicious, Grassy Knoll, Olive, Apricot, Clementine, Persimmon, Lemon Whip, Sweet Mustard (Pinkfresh Studio), Basic Black (SU!)

Dies: Written in Ribbons, AlphaBuds Bold Floral Details (The Greetery), Noted: Scalloped A1 die collection, Nesting Basics: Pierced Ovals die (PTI), Scallop A2 Card Frames (Honey Bee Stamps)

Other: Flappable Stencil (The Greetery)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable! I love them both!!