Monday, August 30, 2010

Rustic Apple Card

Welcome! If you are here you have found the inaugural posting of my fledgling blog, The Apple Crate. I'll be talking primarily about paper crafting and cooking, with other kinds crafts and randomness thrown in for good measure. I love making things and as a result spend quite a bit of my free time in either my craft room or kitchen. I'll be sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly of what comes out of those rooms. :)

On to the post! I've noticed that over the past few days there has been a definite shift in the air. Leaves are falling and the air is crisper. September is just a few days away and kids are going back to school. With that in mind it seemed appropriate to make a fall card featuring, what else? Apples!

I started out by stamping one of the images from the old SU! set, Wonderful Weaves, four times to make a backdrop. I inked up the apple image from Tart & Tangy with Real Red ink, then wiped off the stem and leaf and colored them with green and brown markers. They were then punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch then popped up with foam tape. The sentiment at the bottom is from Trendy Trees, and is also popped up. I then picked out matching green buttons from my stash and sewed them directly onto the card base. A pretty green apple satin ribbon finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Wonderful Weaves, Trendy Trees
Paper: Crumb Cake

Ink: Real Red, Close To Cocoa

Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, modern label punch, green ribbon, buttons, embroidery thread, brown and green markers, foam tape

1 comment:

Liz said...

Congratulations on your new blog (and Etsy shop)! I can't wait to see what wonderful things you have to share!