Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Flowers


Hello! I don't know about you but it certainly feels like summer where I am. It's been in the 90's all week! So I thought I'd go ahead and embrace it by making a summery card. :)

The stem and leaf image is actually all one stamp, but I wanted the flowers to go different directions and be at different heights. So I used a green marker to ink up just the stem then stamped it three times at various heights and orientations. Then with my stamp-a-ma-jig, I inked up just the leaves and stamped those to match up with the stems. The flowers were punched out twice for a double layered look and adhered with a silver brad. After stamping the sentiment I thought the top right corner looked a little lonely so I added a trio of rhinestones. I think it perked it up a bit. :)


And here is the inside finished to match!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Flower Filled, Trendy Trees
Paper: Barely Banana,
Summer Sun, Whisper White, Material Girl dp by Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments: goldenrod twill tape by Bobbin Ribbon, green marker, rhinestone stickers, silver brads

Tools: corner round punch, scallop edge punch, flower punch by Marvy Uchida, stamp-a-ma-jig, paper piercing tool

No comments: