Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stitched Birthday Card


I got a little crazy with my sewing machine over the weekend and this is what came out! All of the papers are from the same collection so it was easy to coordinate colors. I love how soft and pretty it turned out.

The pattern paper strips were all lightly adhered to a panel of Vintage Cream card stock. Then I ran it through my sewing machine with a zig zag stitch at each seam. After wrapping a ribbon bow around it I attached the whole thing to the main card base with foam tape. You like? I like!

For the inside, I stamped the flourish-y image with PTI's tea dye so that it would be light enough to stamp the sentiment over top. I made two of them - one got sent off in the mail right away and the other one is available in my shop. :)

I hope your week is off to a great start!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Warmest Regards
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Parisian Summer dp (SU!)
Ink: Vintage Tea Dye (PTI), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Embellishments: white organza ribbon, button, white embroidery thread
Tools: sewing machine

No comments: