Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Daffodil Easter Tag


Today I have a little project to share, an Easter tag! The daffodils have been blooming like crazy around here the last few weeks and so I was inspired to use this image from Papertrey Ink's set Year of Flowers: Collection. It always makes me so happy when the daffodils and crocuses start to bloom because it means spring is finally here!


I die cut a tag from watercolor paper and stamped the daffodil image in Versa Mark ink. It was then embossed in white. Using an aqua painter brush and Daffodil Delight ink, I went back over and filled in the image, concentrating the color in the center of the bloom. I layered a second tag behind to add more color. The sentiment strip is cut from Kiwi Kiss cardstock and also embossed in white. The tissue paper is tied with white cotton string but I used yellow and white baker's twine to tie on the tag.

Thanks for stopping by!




SUPPLIES
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Collection (PTI), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss (SU!), watercolor paper
Ink: Daffodil Delight (SU!), Versa Mark
Tools: Tag Sale #5 die (PTI)
Other: white embossing powder, baker's twine

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a happy tag! Great watercoloring!