Monday, April 27, 2015

Crochet Baby Blankie


This past weekend I went to a friend's baby shower. She and her husband just adopted the sweetest baby boy and I couldn't be happier for them. I made this crocheted baby blanket for them, and I just barely got it done on time! I love to make baby blankets, but I always seem to forget how long they take.


The pattern for this blanket is from the Lion's Brand website. I've made this one before, but it turned out much better this time. It has a really pretty scallop edging that I had trouble with a few years ago, but this time it turned out like it was supposed to. I guess my crochet skills are improving!


I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Grey Heather. Following the suggestion of some of the reviewers, I made the foundation chain 99 stitches long, rather than 66. The original size I think makes more of a "lovey" type of blanket, but by making it bigger it works well for a stroller or car seat blankie. The final size was approximately 27" x 31".


And here is the new mom opening her gift! I love being able to make special blankies for new babies. I hope little J enjoys it!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That edge is gorgeous! Beautifully done!!