Monday, October 22, 2018

We've Been Boo'ed!

A few nights ago as we were getting the boys ready for bed our doorbell rang. We'd been boo'ed! A bucket of fun Halloween treats had been left on our door step! Here are the bags I put together to bless two other families in our neighborhood to carry on the Halloween fun. The bags are filled with small Halloween trinkets like pencils, stickers, glow sticks, pumpkin carving kit, etc.


I started with a regular brown lunch bag that I stamped all over with spiders using an old favorite set, Inkadinkado's Creepy Crawly.


For the topper I layered on the die cuts! The bottom black layer is the largest of the Nestabilities Labels 1 dies, folded over and tied with orange ribbon to secure the bag. Next I cut the largest of the Spider Web Trio dies from silver card stock. The white tag is Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #3 die. The web and spider are both from Creepy Crawly. I simply used a ruler and thin black Sharpie to draw the thread from the web to the spider. The small sentiment at the bottom is an old Stampin' Up! set called Teeny Tiny Wishes. The orange tag is cut with My Favorite Things Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics. I used Papertrey Ink's Penned Elegance Alphabet set to stamp the word "Boo". I notched the end of the tag with scissors. The web and two tag dies were attached to the ribbon with orange and white baker's twine. I hope the families that received these bags stuffed with goodies will enjoy them!


Neither of our direct neighbors on either side have kids but I didn't want them to be left out of the fun. My youngest son and I made a double batch of pumpkin bread, then dressed up the loaves with pretty ribbon and tags for a more adult treat.


I used the same orange "Boo" tags and also included a kraft tag letting the recipients know what kind of treat they had received. The loaves were wrapped in cling wrap and then wax paper to keep them fresh, then tied with black satin ribbon and the tags.

Our family had fun going out on our "Boo Missions" under the cover of darkness to deliver these treats to our neighbors!

Happy Halloween!


Supplies:
Stamps: Creepy Crawly (Inkadinkado), Penned Elegance Alphabet (Papertrey Ink), Typewriter Alphabet (My Favorite Things), Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Only Orange (Stampin' Up!), Kraft, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink), silver
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Only Orange (Stampin' Up!)
Dies: Spider Web Trio, Tag Sale #3 (Papertrey Ink), Labels 1 (Nestabilities), Traditional Tags STAX die-namics (My Favorite Things)
Other: orange and white baker's twine, 1/2" black satin ribbon, 1/4" orange satin ribbon

1 comment:

Debbie P. said...

How fun! I'd never heard of this "Booing" until recently. Your bags are adorable. I love the layers of die cuts! I'm sure the families receiving them will love them as well as the pumpkin bread for your other neighbors!