Thursday, March 7, 2019

ROAR


My oldest son turned six a few weeks ago. SIX. I seriously don't know how that happened. To mark the occasion I of course had to make him a special card. I wanted it to include dinosaurs because that was the theme of his party (and current life's obsession) and also be interactive. Here's what I managed to come up with in the small space of time I had between younger son's nap and arrival of birthday boy home from school.


I used Delightful Dinosaurs from My Favorite Things. I've used this on quite a few projects lately, but we are totally immersed in the Mesozoic Era here at our house so I'm just rolling with it. The pteranodon is colored with colored pencils and cut out using the matching die. I thought it would be fun for the pteranodon to "fly around" so I cut a spinner channel with MFT's Circle Spinner Channel die so he can loop the loop! It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a aqua painter to make a wash of blue ink in the background for the sky.


The tyrannosaurus, also colored in with pencils, is attached with a mini action wobble so he bobbles around. I thought that was more fun than simply using foam tape. 


For the "ROAR" at the bottom I die cut the letters using Papertrey Ink's Block Alphabet Upper dies, leaving behind the negative space. The entire main panel is popped up with foam tape so this really stands out with the shadows.

The birthday boy loved his card so I'm calling it a success!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Delightful Dinosaurs (MFT)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Night of Navy (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Pool Party (SU!), Versa Fine Onyx Black
Dies: Delightful Dinosaurs, Circle Spinner Channels, Surf & Turf (MFT), Block Alphabet Upper (PTI), Stitched Rectangles (SSS)
Other: Slider Element (MFT), aqua painter, colored pencils, action mini wobble spring, foam tape

1 comment:

Debbie said...

A wobble and a circle spinner! Totally Cool!!!