Thursday, April 9, 2020

Wishing You a Joyous Easter

Ever the procrastinator. I didn't get my Easter cards finished until today. It was a mad scramble to get them put together, addressed, and in the mail before the mailman came for there to be any hope of them arriving in time. Any other procrastinators out there? Nothing like a deadline to get things done!

Anyway, I was very happy to finally play with these super cute Easter products from Sugar Pea Designs. I actually bought them to make cards last Easter, but didn't get to it in time (see above statement on procrastination). 

For the focal point I used the Egg Cut-Away Window die. It is so intricate and detailed! I actually die cut the scallop border and the egg window in one pass through my die cutting machine by using washi tape to hold everything in place. Once that die cutting was done, I positioned the green panel over my white card base and lightly traced the egg outline in pencil. Once I removed the green panel, I could easily see where to blend my ink to create the background behind the bunny. For this card I used Hawaiian Shores ink at the top and blended down into Spun Sugar and a bit of Picked Raspberry at the bottom.

The Easter Word is die cut from Hawaiian Shores card stock. Isn't that a beautiful script font?! I used a glue pen to adhere it to my card.

The sentiment, from Easter Wishes, is stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink and stamped onto a small white strip of card stock, then popped up with foam tape.

 The second card is the same as the first, just with slightly different colors.

In this version I blended Squeezed Lemonade down into Spun Sugar distress oxide ink in the background, and the Easter Word is die cut from Raspberry Fizz card stock.

Easter will be very different for many of us this year as we watch live streamed Easter services from home instead of attending worship in person. But wherever we are, we can rejoice in the knowledge that He is Risen! Happy Easter!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Easter Wishes (Sugar Pea Designs)
Paper: Certainly Celery (SU!), Stamper's Select White, True Black (PTI)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry (Distress Oxide)
Dies: Egg Cut-Away Window, Easter Word (SPD), Scallop Stackers: Small (PTI)