Monday, November 1, 2010

Black Crocheted Flower Birthday Card

After all of the baking I've been doing lately I'm happy to be back in my craft room working on new card designs. Here is one I made today using more of my crocheted flowers. For this card I really wanted the flower to be a big focal element, so I layered a small five-petal black flower on top of a larger seven-petal flower. The die-cut leaves add a pop of color and the pearl center adds a touch of class. I'm really happy with how this turned out, it's sort of the little black dress of birthday cards. :)

The main image panel is popped up with foam tape and the die cut leaves actually hang off slightly, which I like, because it ties the whole design together. Thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Warmest Regards
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Garden Green
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: crocheted flowers, little leaves die, pearl sticker, foam tape

No comments: