Thursday, November 11, 2010

Noel

This is a variation on another card I recently made. I've been playing around with simple Christmas card designs that can be mass produced. Well, this one ended up being a little more time intensive than I would want to make for our entire Christmas card list, but I do like the way it turned out.

The snowflakes and sentiment were all stamped in Versa Mark then embossed in white. I thought that gave them more pop than just stamping in white. I also did a bit of layering to create a white border.



And finally I thought it needed a bit more pizzaz so, though it was super hard to photograph, the middle snowflake has a clear button at its center that is tied with a red and white baker's twine bow. It looks very festive and pretty in real life. *wink*


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Winter Post, $1 Michael's stamp (sentiment)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Versa Mark
Embellishments: white embossing powder, clear button, baker's twine

No comments: