Monday, August 1, 2011

Jam Session

Isn't summer wonderful? I love all of the fresh produce that is available this time of year, especially berries! I took advantage of strawberries being on sale not too long ago to stock up and make a big batch of jam.

I don't know about you, but we are constantly on the move during summer time. Often we're out of town visiting family or getting together for a casual night of dinner and games with friends. With all of the traveling and social activity, I thought it would be nice to have small thank you gifts on hand for the gracious hostess or the friends that cat sit for us while we're gone. So for this batch of jam I used 4 oz. canning jars, the perfect size for a small gift.

The small jars are cute enough on their own, but I couldn't resist dressing them up a bit more for an extra special touch. I stamped some simple tags with a "thank you" sentiment and layered them on a kraft card stock base then tied them on with jute twine. A little bit of pretty fabric finished them off!

How sweet are these? A small taste of summer to share and express your thanks. You could also dress up some store bought jam, but homemade always tastes better, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! The finished product looks super cute, and it was so easy. Very lovely. :)

steph chows said...

I'm a huge fan of giving jam as gifts! I just made up a big batch of blueberry cinnamon! Will have the recipe posted tomorrow :)