Monday, January 14, 2013

From the Heart


Hello and happy new year! While I was home visiting family for Christmas my mom and I had a chance to do some stamping together. Being at her house meant I got to play with her toys! I'll be sharing several cards over the next few days that I made while home. This first one uses the SU! set Collage Curios.


I die cut nine circles and stamped each of them with one of the fun vintagey images from the set.  I alternated between two shades of pink, and using the wreath vs. the distressed circle border. The Eiffel Tower was stamped in brown to make it stand out. After stamping all of the circles I antiqued the edges and ran them through the Cuttlebug with a Canvas impression plate to give them a distressed look. It's the little things. :)


The lovely sentiment is from another SU! set called Watercolor Trio, and the flourishes are from PTI's On the Farm. 


For the inside I repeated the bee image and the flourishes from the front. It took me a while to get there but I am quite pleased with how this one turned out! I hope you like it, too!
 

SUPLIES
Stamps: Collage Curios, Watercolor Trio (SU!), On the Farm (PTI)
Paper: Natural White, Pattern Stack Neutrals Collection dp (SU!)
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose, River Rock, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Tools: Edgelits Large Scallop die (SU!), Circle Nestablities (Spellbinders), Linen & Canvas impression plate (PTI)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love this card. It's the perfect use of this new SU set. I also love how you always have a beautiful coordinating inside.