Friday, January 18, 2013

The Open Sea


Today I have another card I made over the holidays while crafting with my mom. This one uses the SU! set The Open Sea. I had fun playing up the nautical theme!

Click for larger view. 

The colors I used are Night of Navy and Sahara Sand, with some Very Vanilla thrown in. Behind the ship is lightly stamped an image of the ship's log.


The Sahara Sand pattern paper has text on it, but I also stamped the compass rose image over top. Behind the main image I ran a length of Very Vanilla satin ribbon, then rather than using a knot or bow, I tied twine around it. I like how this looks!

Enjoy your weekend! 
 

SUPPLIES
Stamps: The Open Sea (SU!)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Pattern Stack Neutrals dp, Pattern Stack Regals dp (SU!)
Ink: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Tools: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Embellishments: Very Vanilla ribbon (SU!), twine

No comments: