Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Peace on Earth

I have a few more Christmas projects to share this week. I loved how the sky background turned out so much on my last card that I decided I wanted to use it again! This time I used just two blues instead of three to create a cool wintery background. I started by blending Blueprint Sketch distress oxide at the top of a white card panel, then blended in some Broken China, and faded to almost white at the very bottom. 

After my ink blending was done I stamped the Paint Splatter Background in Sweet Tooth ink to create some soft snow flurries. Then I die cut the entire ink blended panel with the largest Nordic Frames die. I also added three sparkly snowflakes cut from some very old SU! silver glimmer paper using Honey Bee Stamp's Layering Snowflakes die. These are so pretty in real life!

For the sentiment, I used The Greetery's lovely set Written in Ribbons Holiday. The word "Peace" is stamped in Blueprint Sketch distress oxide ink as well as Bashful Blue ink by SU!. I die cut the word a second time from white fun foam and adhered the two together with liquid glue. The final stamping was adding "on earth" in Blueprint Sketch ink. Lastly, the focal panel was adhered to a white card base. 

Anyone else still making last minute holiday projects? 


SUPPLIES: 

Stamps: Written in Ribbons Holiday (The Greetery), Paint Splatter Background (MFT)

Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Silver Glimmer (SU!)

Ink: Blueprint Sketch, Broken China (Distress Oxide), Bashful Blue (SU!), Sweet Tooth (MFT)

Dies: Written in Ribbons Holiday, Nordic Frames (The Greetery), Layering Snowflakes (Honey Bee Stamps)

No comments: