Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Stay Cozy

Today we got our first big snow of the season (in fact it is still snowing!), so it seemed fitting to share this card. I recently bought the new Mini Delights: Polar Bear bundle by Altenew because both my boys love polar bears, and it was fun to get to play with it!

I started by cutting a panel of white card stock to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and then got to work ink blending my arctic blue sky. I started with Chipped Sapphire at the top, then Blueprint Sketch in the middle, and ended with Broken China at the bottom. I went back and added a touch of Black Soot at the very top to darken it a bit more. 

To create the snow flurries I used the Paint Splatter Background by MFT, stamped in Sweet Tooth ink. I also embossed one of the sentiments from the Mini Delights: Polar Bear set in the upper right corner with white embossing powder. 

I die cut the polar bear from white card stock and added his face in Black Soot ink. Then I made the snowy hills by cutting white card stock with the In the Meadow dies by PTI. I used a very light touch to blend more Broken China along the tops of the hills to give them definition. 

I adhered the snowy hills to my sky panel and trimmed the part that hung over the sides. Then I glued on my polar bear and added that entire panel to a white note card. 

I hope you are staying warm and cozy wherever you are. Happy first day of December!


SUPPLIES:


Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Black Soot (Distress Oxide), Sweet Tooth (MFT), VersaMark


Other: white embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is so adorable! I love your sky and the cute little polar bear!!!