Thursday, May 16, 2019

For a Special Teacher

With young kids in school I'm learning that May means end of year teacher gifts (and cards!). These are actually the cards I made for my son's preschool teachers at the end of last year but never posted. I still think they turned out cute and hope they'll provide some inspiration for others as well!

For my focal point I used Papertrey Ink's Enclosed: Apple die, along with their Keep it Simple: Teacher mini stamp set. The cards are all slightly different, mostly by changing the pattern paper in the background. Most of the red pattern paper is from an old Stampin' Up pad I have from ages ago. The gray paper is Smokey Shadow card stock, with the sentiment embossed in white. 

Here is what they all look like together. It was fun to mass produce them but have them each be unique as well. I remember letting my son decide which teacher received which card, and him being very excited about and giving great thought to.

I have a half done teacher card on my desk right now for my son's current teacher. When it is finished I'll share it, hopefully before a year goes by!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Keep it Simple: Teacher (PTI)
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow (PTI), Old Olive, pattern paper (SU!)
Dies: Enclosed: Apple (PTI), Stitched Rectangles (SSS)
Other: button, baker's twine, white embossing powder

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the variety in papers. So cute!