Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thanks for helping me grow!

I've been working on end of year teacher gifts for my son's classroom teacher and each of his specials teachers, and I'm really excited to share when they are finished. In the mean time, though, here are what we gave to his preschool teachers last year (life got busy after school and I never posted them!).

My son absolutely adored his preschool teachers last year and as I was thinking about what to give them I wanted it to 1) Be something they would actually want and 2) Reflect how special they were to our family by helping my son feel loved throughout the year. I came across this sentiment on Pinterest and it really resonated with me. He had grown physically of course, but also socially and academically, so it was perfect!

I purchased several succulents and repotted them in terra cotta pots. Then I created the sentiment on my computer and printed out a sheet of them. Once printed, I used a tag die to individually cut each sentiment out. Each pot had a different color ribbon, and I stamped a small spade image behind the sentiment in a matching ink. These were given to the teacher's assistants and music teacher.

I also had three lavender plants that were given to his classroom teachers. I left them in the plastic containers they came in, but to dress them up a bit I put them in brown paper lunch bags that I had trimmed down with a scallop edge punch.

I tied some delicate hemp twine into a bow around the hole in the tag, but stapled them to the actual brown bag. Each of the spade images were stamped in purple to match the lavender.

I was really pleased with how they turned out and I believe his teachers liked them too. :)


1 comment:

Debbie said...

What wonderful gifts for a teacher. The sentiment is perfect!!