Saturday, March 7, 2020

Hope Your Birthday Rocks!

My eldest son recently turned 7 years old, and to celebrate he wanted a geology themed birthday party. This was actually a very cool and fun theme!  Of course Papertrey Ink's Geode Layers die, along with the Text & Texture: Agate stamp set, were perfect for his card.

Having a February birthday means that his birthstone is amethyst, so I chose to use a purple and gold color scheme for his card. It also ended up being the color scheme for his party, so it all coordinated! I started with gray for the outer layer of the geode, then mixed in various shades of purple alternating with gold card stock. The background is also embossed in gold. I went back over all of the purple layers with my Wink of Stella pen, this card really sparkles and shines in person!

The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark ink onto a strip of vellum card stock, then heat embossed in gold. I wrapped the vellum all the way around the card front and adhered it behind the front panel with Score Tape. 

Here you can really see the shimmering effect. Happy birthday to my big kid!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Text & Texture: Agate (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Vellum (PTI), purple (Michael's), gold
Ink: VersaMark
Dies: Geode Layers (PTI)
Other: gold embossing powder, Wink of Stella

No comments: