Monday, March 9, 2020

Sip Sip Hurray!

A few days ago I shared the card I made for my son's birthday. Today I want to share what we gave his classmates at school the day of his birthday to celebrate. His school has a "no food treat" policy for student birthdays, so we handed out silly straws instead. 

I could have just handed out the straws and been done with it, but I can't help myself and have to personalize things. I designed the cute little tags in Word and then printed them out onto white card stock. I used my paper trimmer to cut them into tags and punched a hole with my Crop-a-dile. Various colors of baker's twine were used to tie them onto the straws. My mom was actually in town the week of my son's birthday so she helped me tie on the tags. Thanks, Mom! :)

 I love gift giving so these were super fun for me to make. I hope the kids enjoyed them!

For additional non-food treat ideas, these are what we handed out last year. They are glow bracelets from the dollar store with an added tag, again made in Word. The tags were trimmed down and I notched the ends with scissors to create a banner look. Then I used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes on both ends and then I just slipped in the glow bracelets. Easy and fun!

Thanks for reading and I hope your week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It was fun helping with the silly straws! Such a cute idea! Your gifts for last year were adorable too!!