Sunday, February 28, 2021

Choo Choo You're 2!

My little nephew turned 2 this past week so of course I had to make him a fun card. I knew I wanted to use the MFT Pumped-Up Numbers die-namic and thought it would be fun to have it pulled by the train from PTI's Little Hot Rod (retired). From there I just kept pulling out supplies to make my scene!

I die cut the number 2 from Pacific Point card stock and applied a very liberal coating of Glossy Accents to give it that shiny balloon look. I die cut it a second time from white fun foam and adhered the two together to give it some dimension. It's hard to tell from my photos, but I used a Cloud Stencil and Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink to create a sky full of puffy white clouds. I also did some selective inking from the sentiments in Little Hot Rod to create my custom sentiment. 

The grassy hillside was created by ink blending Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness distress oxide inks onto a panel of white card stock cut with the long ground die from the Under the Sea die-namics. I also used the Grassy Edges stencil to go back in and add the tufts of grass in the same inks. The train itself is stamped in three shades of blue ink and die cut. I glued a super thin piece of card stock behind the train and cars to hold them together because I wanted to include a slider element so the train could actually move! The slider channel was cut from MFT's Surf & Turf die-namic, which I believe is now retired. The "track" is made from a thin piece of Chocolate Chip card stock die cut with the Build-a-Scene: On the Road die from Taylored Expressions. Lastly, I used some blue and white baker's twine to attach the balloon to the train. This was super fun to make!
 

SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Little Hot Rod (PTI)

Paper: Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Pacific Point, Bliss Blue (SU!), Blueberry Sky (PTI), Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Tumbled Glass (Distress Oxide), Versa Fine Onyx Black

Dies: Little Hot Rod (PTI), Pumped-Up Numbers die-namic, Under the Sea die-namic, Surf & Turf die-namic (MFT), Build a Scene: On the Road (Taylored Expressions), Card Front Element Builder (Sugar Pea Designs)

Stencils: Cloud, Grassy Edges (MFT)

Other: Slider Elements (MFT), glossy accents, blue & white baker's twine, foam tape, fun foam

No comments: