Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Banana Nut Muffins


Recently, while tumbling down the rabbit hole of Pinterest, I came across Jenny Hobick's blog, Everyday Occasions, and promptly proceeded to pin nearly every recipe she had shared. These banana nut muffins are the first I have had the opportunity to try out, but given the delicious results, I have to imagine the others are just as good.

I made the minor adjustments of using an electric mixer (she uses a Kitchen Aid) and baking them in standard sized muffin tins (she used a jumbo tin). Other than that I made these exactly as called for and they were amazing! I am always on the lookout for a good muffin or quick bread recipe, and these will definitely be joining my tried and true file. Enjoy! :)

Banana Nut Muffins from Everyday Occasions

INGREDIENTS
4 overripe bananas
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. nuts, finely chopped (I used walnuts)

PREPARATION
Peel the bananas.  Mash them roughly with a fork, leaving some chunky pieces for texture.  Place half of them in a large mixing bowl.  Set aside the other half of the bananas.

Add sugar to the bananas in mixing bowl, beat them together for 3 minutes with an electric mixer until a frothy mixture forms.  Add butter, eggs and vanilla.  Mix together until combined.  Add flour, baking soda, salt, remaining bananas and nuts.  Stir until just combined.  Do not over mix.

Scoop the batter into a muffin tin lined with baking cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes until baked through.  Serve with softend butter.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Those look yummy! I'm always looking for a good way to use up ripe bananas :-)