Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Garden Lattice Card

When I first saw The Greetery's Square Dance die I thought it looked a lot like a garden lattice and couldn't wait to try making a card around that theme. I finally had a chance to play with it and make that happen! 

I cut the Square Dance die from white card stock and also white fun foam to go behind it and give it some thickness and dimension, like a real lattice would. I splattered the card stock lattice with some weathervane ink and then used liquid glue to adhere the two layers together. This was adhered to a white card stock base that I had blended Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks onto, trying to create the lovely green glow of a garden in the background. 

Going with a garden theme, I used the watering can from Sprinkled with Kindness and filled it up with blooms! The watering can itself is stamped in Soft Stone, Pumice Stone and Weathervane inks. 

I used all three flowers from the Budding Beauties Summer set. The hydrangea blooms are stamped in Almost Amethyst and Blueberry Sky inks, and the greenery is done in Leafy and Parakeet inks. 

The peonies were stamped in Pink Pirouette and Hibiscus Burst, with the leaves stamped in Cactus and Garden Green. 

Lastly, the daisies were stamped with Soft Stone, Bright Buttercup and Garden Green for the stems. 

I had my husband's aunt in mind when I made this card. She recently gifted us some lily bulbs from her garden, that were originally from her dad's (my husband's grandfather's) garden. I'm sending her this card as a thank you for such a special gift. 

Thank you for stopping by!


SUPPLIES:


Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Almost Amethyst (SU!), Hibiscus Burst, Blueberry Sky, Green Parakeet, Soft Stone, Bright Buttercup, Weathervane (PTI), Cactus, Leafy (The Stamp Market), Pumice Stone, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron (Distress Oxide)


Other: white fun foam

No comments: