Monday, October 12, 2020

Praying for You

I made this encouragement card for someone going through a difficult time health wise. Ever since I bought The Greetery's Pitcher-esque stamp set I have been itching to fill it up with some lovely fall branches, and this was the perfect opportunity. 

I started by die cutting and stamping the pitcher. It is a three step stamp, but I omitted the first step so the highlights would remain white. Steps two and three were stamped in Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap distress oxide ink respectively. The sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's set Keep it Simple: Praying for You, was stamped onto a strip of vellum using Onyx Black ink. The vellum is wrapped around the card front and adhered on the back. 

I used both Autumn Sketches and Budding Beauties: Autumn to fill up the pitcher. The maple leaves were stamped with Summer Sunrise and Pure Poppy inks. The wheat was stamped in Scattered Straw and Creamy Caramel, and the berries were done in Pure Poppy, Scarlett Jewel and Citrine inks. 

The background was done using the Shiplap Builder dies. These are amazing! I am sure to get a lot of use out of those. I hope this card brings some encouragement to the recipient.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful week!


SUPPLIES:


Paper: Rustic White, Vellum (PTI)

Ink: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Scattered Straw (Distress Oxide), Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, Scarlett Jewel (PTI), Soft Suede, Creamy Caramel (SU!), Citrine (The Stamp Market), Versa Fine Onyx Black

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Aha! You got the pitcher stamp set. And the shiplap dies. And the autumn sets. I love it!