Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Joy Wreath Card

I'm in the Christmas mood today! I've been seeing so many beautiful wreath cards lately that I was inspired to try making one with my own supplies. 

The greenery in the wreath was die cut from Handsome Hunter card stock using The Greetery's Botanicuts Pine Bough die. I cut it multiple times and ended using mostly the small branches with a few of the larger ones that had been trimmed a bit shorter. That allowed me to layer them in a nicely shaped circle. 

The gorgeous bow at the top is die cut with the Fit to Be Tied die using Pure Poppy card stock. Both the pine bough branches and the bow were splattered with white paint to give them a snowy look. 

This "Joy" sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's set called Sending Joy. I used the matching die and embossed it in gold. 

Finally, the wreath and sentiment were adhered using liquid glue to a background panel covered in shiplap. This was done using the amazing Shiplap Builder dies. I seriously love this die so much and you will definitely be seeing it again! Once all of my shiplap pieces were adhered to the card base, I splattered them with Ground Espresso distress oxide ink. 

I really like how this turned out and look forward to sending it out once Christmas gets closer! 


SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Sending Joy (PTI)

Paper: Rustic White, Pure Poppy (PTI), Handsome Hunter (SU!)

Ink: Ground Espresso (Distress Oxide), Versa Mark

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Christmas card!